Saturday, July 5, 2008

Update: Venus Wins Wimbledon

Well, this just in, straight from my TV peeps....

Venus Williams wins the 2008 Wimbledon Tennis title!!!!

Not for nothing, but having watched this from the beginning to end of the match, I can tell ya that although Serena exhibited lots of strength and endurance, overall, VENUS SPANKED LITTLE SISTA'S BUTT on the court.

And thing is, I'm not used to seeing Serena break down emotionally, and for the most part she kept her composure. But towards the end of the last set, when Serena made what I guess she felt was a careless mistake, she turns around, grabs her head and it looks like she almost started boo-hoo crying! Which is understandable, but still, I'm not used to her letting people see her "sweat".....

[PAUSE]

I just stopped to listen to the interview/acceptance speech of both sisters on the court....And while Venus imbued lots of smiles and humor, Serena just did not look happy. I mean, of course, she lost, but still. While big sis was speaking and cracking jokes they wold cut to Serena and homegirl just did not seem amused. Kinda like "Yeah, whatever. This trophy they gave me is wack because it ain't the #1 and I just want this to be over and to be off this hot azz court."

Well, next up: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS ARE IN THE LADIES DOUBLES FINALS!!! Look out for that on the telly. Cheerio, chaps!

No comments: