Saturday, July 5, 2008

VENUS AND SERENA PLAY WIMBLEDON TODAY!


For the THIRD time, Venus and Serena Williams will face each other in the Wimbledon Tennis finals today. Tune in to NBC at 9am.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I think it's FANTASTIC that these to sisters (and yes, I mean SISTAHS too!) have excelled so much in their careers. It's a win-win situation for Black folk cause you know that now matter what A BLACK WOMAN'S GONNA WIN!

On the other hand, who do you root for? The two Wimbeldon titles that Serena has already were won against her sister. Hmmm......I ain't trying to start nothin', but there has been speculation as to whether Venus just kinda "let" her sister win in order to big her up. For Venus's part, she's responded by saying she was highly offended at even the implication because it implies she's not professional.

However, let's say she did throw it for her little sis? So what!? If anything, the fact that no matter what, despite all the haters, they have each other's back - that's good enough for me.

Tell me what ya'll think!

No comments: