Thursday, February 7, 2008

Relieved...but VEXED 48 hours after the battle...

So the last time I checked in, I was having a major anxiety over all the speculation about the Super Tuesday results. In fact, I was so angst that I turned the tv off till 11:30pm to see things a bit more conclusive, but the pundits still befuddled. The next morning things became clearer, but here we are on Thursday and stuff STILL ain't totally figured out. Here's what I do know....

Obama: 13 states won (Illinois, Georgia, Alabama, Connecticut, Missouri, Utah, Deleware, Minnesota, Colorado, Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, North Dakota)

Clinton: 8 states won (who cares...)

Some thoughts...

1. What's up with Obama winning states like N. Dakota and Idaho? I didn't know POTATO FARMERS were feeling him like that. Dang!

2. Doesn't the above go to show that all this speculation about "Will he be able to do well in places without a lot of Blacks?" was a bunch of horse manure? As Chris Rock said, ain't Black folk up in Minnesota but Prince and they STILL voted for him.

3. Shout out to my peoples in Alaska for having Obama's back. Again, who knew...One love!

4. To BLACK UTAH DUDE....okay, you got me! Ya'll came out for the O-man, while my wack -ass state went the Billary route. One point for you....

Yet....Billary still has more delegates. More on that later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barack's campaign has indicated that he won the most states and the most delegates on Super Tuesday. Is Billary's lead in number of delegates a cumulative count of delegates earned since day 1, or am I getting some misinformation somewhere?

GritsNButta said...

Your not the first ask that question. Depending on which media outlet you look to for information, you will get a differnt answer. In my opinion, the Wallstreet Journal has done the best job bringing this fact to light:

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/more-on-the-delegate-discrepancy-272/?mod=googlenews_wsj

This link is to a blog on their site, and you'll see that many comments after this post are negative towards NBC, the only outlet thus far that is saying Obama is in the lead. Maybe these critics are just haters, but I for one appreciate that NBC seems to be looking ONLY at the delegates that were won, as opposed to speculating about what super delegates are gonna do.